Tis the season of gubernatorial reappointments. Gov. Rick Perry reappointed:
• Austin attorney J. Winston Krause to the Texas Lottery Commission.
• Deeia Beck of Austin to the Office of Public Insurance Counsel for a two-year term. She has held that post since September 2008.
• Ron Ederer of Corpus Christi and John Steen III of Houston (son of the Texas Secretary of State) at the Texas Racing Commission. Ederer is an attorney and an adjunct professor at Texas A&M Corpus Christi; Steen is vice president of business development for Sage Midstream.
• Barbara Cargill to chair the State Board of Education.
• Debbie Unruh as independent ombudsman at the Texas Juvenile Justice Department; she was first appointed in November 2010.
• Dr. Kyle Janek, a former legislator, as executive commissioner of the state’s Health and Human Services Commission.
• Major General John Nichols of Spring Branch as adjutant general of Texas commanding the Texas Military Forces.